Proposed solution: Kerbside bike path on both sides of the road
Why this solution?
It connects well with Te Whiti Street and Rongotai Road, and through the airport tunnel to Miramar. The proposed design gives better protection for people on bikes, and is appropriate for a busy through route such as Coutts Street, which has a lot of fast-moving traffic.
- Parking for 58 vehicles would remain along this stretch – 22 less than there is at the moment.
- At the bus stops the bike path would be at footpath level to make it easier for people getting on and off the bus.
- Traffic lanes would be 3.2m wide.
- The footpath on both sides of the road would be at the standard width of 2.4m.
- New kerbs would be installed on both sides of the road.
Read the full Traffic Resolution Report (712KB PDF) and plans (5.7MB PDF)